We spent the first week of August in North Devon, visiting family and trying to spend some time on the beach. (Click if you want to see more of the beaches of North Devon). The last two years we have been really lucky with the weather and so this year to make up for it, it was pretty miserable a few of the days. Ava had a ‘virus’ and with it a fever so she wasn’t great at the beginning of the week. We even had to take her to the Doctors down there when she woke up covered in a rash. (You can never be too careful with an ill baby). We stayed in a beautifully renovated house in Braunton which was a great place for getting about to visit different places. I’ve picked some of my favourite photo’s from the week;
T-B L-R 1. All the kids together 2. First time on the sand 3. It’s a bit windy at Saunton Sands 4. Peek a boo
5. Ilfracombe rock pooling 6. Swimming in the tidal pool 7. On top of the World 8. Climbing!
9. Wrong choice of footwear 10. The view down to Putsborough beach 11. In a puddle on the beach
12. Digging in the sand despite the rain 13. A meal out just the two of us 🙂 14. Breakfast in a French cafe, pan au chocolate and coffee
15. Daddy showing baby how it’s done. 15. Dipping her toes in the sea 16. Splashing each other
17. The boys on a rock 18. Sri Lankan curry on the beach ( Barricane beach) 19. A snoozing baby, resting on the deck chairs (Ilfracombe) 20. My favourite place in the rented house
21. Baby enjoying the puddles on the beach 22. Selfie on the beach 23. The view down to Putsborough beach 24. Crawling towards a puddle to splash in