Did you know that on October 2nd it’s Grandparents Day? If you are looking for ways to celebrate Grandparents Day this year I have created a Pinterest board full of ideas. The lovely thing about Grandparents is watching the relationship they have with my children. We are lucky enough to live fairly close to my parents who see the kids pretty much every week. They have also helped out looking after Finlay a day a week before he started school and now help with Ava. James’ Mum lives further away and we wish we could all see each other more.
I’m planning on doing something this year to show them how much they are appreciated and loved so I’ve been thinking about simple ways to celebrate Grandparents Day.
Here are 5 simple ways you can celebrate Grandparents Day this year if your Grandparents are nearby.
- Spend the day doing something you all enjoy together. Invite them over and get the board games out, visit a local Country Park or go for a pot of tea and cake.
- Get out the photo albums. My kids are fascinated with old pictures and this would be a lovely way of sharing memories together.
- Make them a card or a little keepsake. Showing them how much they are loved and appreciated.
- Grandparent Interview. Print one off (check out my Pinterest board) or create your own questions to ask.
- Read together. Share your favourite stories together, my kids love cuddling up and listening to a story, or there are lots of Grandparent books.
It can be hard to celebrate together though if your Grandparents are in a Care Home or live far away. So here are 5 simple things you can do to celebrate Grandparents Day if this is the case.
- Arrange a visit if it is possible, or call, Skype or Facetime. Something so that you can see each other and have a conversation and share what you have been up to recently.
- Send them something the Grandkids have made. A card, photo’s, colouring, a painting or a little keepsake. Check out my Pinterest board for ideas.
- Bring/send some goodies. Do some baking together and take them when you visit or post them.
- Send a hug. This is such a cute idea, check out my Pinterest board with how to’s.
- Write a letter. Send a letter with an update on life and include some family snaps.
If you do want to get them a present, take them shopping and purchase something they like or somewhere like Chums have some lovely things that would make a great surprise gift and they can be sent to Grandparents that live further away.
Disclosure: This is a collaborative post.