“Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.” Gandi
Recently I’ve realised how much of me I give to everyone else, to my children, my partner, my work, my blog and there is often very little left. How can I expect myself to be able to do all this giving to others when I don’t give to myself? Something has got to change. I’m a fan of the lovely Kate at Pouting in Heels blog, if you haven’t read her blog, why not? go and do it now, but then come back. I absolutely love her message to love ourselves as women and each other more. Her non negotiables list has inspired lots of others to join in and create their own. I was tagged by two of my blogger friends Hannah at budding smiles and Hannah at Hi baby blog. Thanks girls, you’ve given me the kick up the bum to create my own list of non negotiables to hopefully give some happiness back to myself.
- I will …. buy fresh flowers every week. I’ve recently started to buy myself flowers and it’s something I’m going to continue. For the price of a coffee I can have some brightness and freshness in the home that makes me smile every time I pass and see them. I’m also enjoying taking photo’s of my flowers and sharing them on Instagram.
- I will …. have a night off at least once a week. No laptop, no trying to catch up on social media and replying to comments and posting things. Time with James and also time for myself as I don’t get it in the day. Time to take care of myself, paint my nails, have a bath and read which leads me on to….
- I will …. read. I used to enjoy reading and growing up I always had my head in a book. I didn’t think there would ever be a time where I didn’t read. Having children and so much to do means that I just get in to bed wanting to go to sleep. I need to make time to read, not just blogs and articles on line, an actual book that I can lose myself in.
- I will …. exercise. I feel so much better about myself when I exercise and again it is a time thing. I’m going to aim for twice a week and would love to start a yoga class again. I wont give up if I don’t manage it one week but instead try to do it in a different way, a walk in the countryside or 10 minutes of yoga.
- I will …. believe in myself more. This is a big one, I’m so negative on myself, suffering with guilt and tough parenting days and this needs to change. I’m doing a good job, the best I can do and I need to be kinder to myself about it all.
- I will …. stop caring about what others think. I spend far too much time worrying about the opinions of others, I can’t change them and worrying about it is not going to help.
- I will ….listen to music and see live bands. I listen to music in the car now and sometimes in the house. I used to be really in to my music and seeing the Foo Fighters in the summer reminded me of how much I miss it being in my life.
What would be on your non negotiables list?
Nat @ Handful of Halfpennys
Louise @ Birds and Lillies