What are your summer beauty essentials? My summer beauty essentials are quite different to those that I use in the winter. It’s a good excuse to have even more makeup and products isn’t it? In the summer my skin is tanned and isn’t as dry so I can get away with wearing less make up. It’s often quite a relief to not have to put foundation on every morning when I always seem to be in a rush or have a toddler hanging off my leg. I am however quite aware that I’m developing some fine lines. To combat that I’m trying to take better care of my skin including wearing a factor 30 SPF daily. My hair is also not in the best condition after years and years of dyeing it, so I am using products to help with those annoying crispy, frazzled ends.
Come and have a peek at my summer beauty essentials.
Summer Hair Care
I’ve been using the John Freida Sheer Blonde go blonder shampoo and conditioner. John Freida is a brand I use regularly and I’m loving their new range. The conditioner smells amazing! I’ve also been using the Hi-Impact Oil Elixir which has been helping with the dryness of my ends.
Summer Beauty Essentials
These little beauties are in my holiday make up bag and make up my summer beauty essentials.
- Ultrasun face – 30 – I put this on every morning as since having Ava I get patches of melasma. I love this one as it doesn’t cause any skin flare ups and also doesn’t leave any stickiness.
- Weleda Pomegranate firming day cream – I’ve also been using as my daily moisturising lotion. I love that it’s a natural product and makes my skin feel soft and smooth.
- Laura Mercier – Foundation Primer Radience I don’t tend to wear foundation in the summer unless I’m going out, out which is rare. I do however wear this primer as it gives a lovely glow. I will sometimes wear it on it’s own or under bronzing powder.
- Rimmel Kate sculpting face kit- coral – This is a fab budget friendly bronzing powder that creates a similar shade to my favourite Dallas by Benefit. It’s handy having the highlighter and blusher together and definitely saves time in the morning rush.
- Alpha H Liquid Gold I’m using this to help with the patches of melasma and I think I am noticing a little difference. My skin is also feeling smoother.
- Stila stay all day waterproof liquid eyeliner – Intense black If you are looking for a waterproof, non smudge liquid eyeliner this one is great. I’ve been through so many and only this and Mac are ones that I would recommend. It’s also easy to apply and achieve a flicked wing look.
- NYX sculpt and highlight brow contour pencil I have been growing my eyebrows for years now but they still need a helping hand and this one has some staying power. If I go to bed with it on, it’s still there in the morning. The highlighter is a bonus.
- ARROW waterproof eyeliner- Bright now This is a new discovery from my Birchbox. It’s all natural so it gets a big thumbs up but it’s also a good nights sleep in a pencil. I love it.
- Benefit Cosmetics – Boi- ing concealer This is in my bag all year but I change from shade 1 to 2 in the summer. The lemon aid and eye brightener are also favourites.
- L’Oreal Paris – Miss Baby Roll Mascara – Black Waterproof I forgot to add this to my picture but I needed to mention it. It’s the best waterproof mascara I think I have ever used. I usually find them clumpy and not actually very waterproof. This one however stayed on with jumping in and out of the pool. It also looks so good I still sometimes use it now we are back.
And that makes up my summer beauty essentials. Well that and a tonne of moisturising lotion but I will save my favourite moisturising lotions for another post.
Disclaimer: I was sent the John Freida go blonder products to try however I would have included some of their products in this list anyway. This post contains affiliate links.