My plan was to write one of these every month this year but life has got in the way. We suffered heartache in February which has taken it’s toll on looking at life in a positive light. We moved house, I had a wobble about blogging and have also been struggling with anxiety. All these things mean I really do need to look at the positives more, so this will be a monthly feature from now on.
1. Photography. I’m loving taking photo’s at the moment. I mainly use my iphone 5s so nothing special. I have access to a Canon DSLR so I really need to use that more and start figuring it out. My photo’s on Instagram have been featured on the hashtags #CelebratingMotherhoodIG, #MyHappyCapture and #CuriousLittleExplorers which has been lovely to see. I also run the #366daysofpositive for anything that makes you smile and love the little community. If you aren’t already following me on Instagram I would love it if you did.
2. Sunny days. Oh how I’ve needed it to turn into Spring this year, the winter seemed to go on forever. I love waking up in the mornings to blue sky and all the beautiful colours that are starting to appear. We have already had some gorgeous sunny days and even a BBQ. I’m also loving that I can wear flip flops again.
3. Spa Day. We went to Aqua Sana at Woburn Sands for one of my best friends 40ths. If you’ve ever been to an Aqua Sana they are amazing and no other Spa compares again. As much as I love my children they are full on so to have some time out to recharge really helps. The day was full of laughs, chatting, relaxation, food, prosecco and coffee. A pretty perfect day.
4. Dates. We have been trying to make more time for each other which isn’t always easy. I’m making more of an effort to not be on the laptop every evening and we have even got out for a few dates.
5. Blogging. Despite my wobble in blogging I have had some successes. A Tots Good Read, featured in a Mumsnet roundup and had a post on Mumsnet front page. I went to Blog Camp at the weekend and came away with an increased determination to make my dreams a reality. It was also lovely to chat to some other Bloggers in real life and have cuddles with gorgeous baby Martha.
6. Ava. She is changing so much at the moment and is definitely a real little toddler now. If you follow my Facebook page you will see the little antics she gets up to, like putting potatoes in the washing machine and cherry tomatoes in the butter tub. She is incredibly cute and loving, cuddles are high on her agenda and I hope it stays like that. I’m also really enjoying watching her relationships with her brothers, Daddy and Grandparents she’s such a loved little girl who now cries when she drops her big brothers at School.
7. Finlay and Kyle. Finlay has just settled into School so well, he was definitely ready.Plenty of friends and he’s happy to go which is the main thing. I can’t believe his first year is almost over! he’s such a funny little thing with a great imagination. The other day we were driving home when he suddenly said “I can’t wait to get home and play with my lamb”. Follwed by a little story about a lamb in the garden that had been thrown over the fence, haha. Kyle is growing up so quickly, he doesn’t always find School easy but has been trying hard and he still loves his sport. He’s off on his first overnight School trip tomorrow and is so excited.
8. Moving House. I hated the moving part but now we are here this house is much better than the last one, warmer and it just feels more like us. The boys have made little friends and there are no mice! I am missing the views out to the fields and the garden but this house feels more like home.
9. Making my non negotiables list. I haven’t kept to them all but I’m really trying to make more of an effort for myself, even setting myself a confidence challenge. The fresh flowers make me happy and I’v been listening to music more. I’ve also started going to a Yogalates class once a week which I love and been exercising at home too.
10. Summer holiday planning. We are going to Devon again in the summer, staying in a big house in Ilfracombe this time which I can’t wait for. It’s so nice to be able to spend quality time together as a family.We recently had a little weekend trip to Devon which I made a vlog of and it’s made me really want to go back.